Sign Language Interpreters.com is committed to supporting the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources that we hope will be useful to our clients and their families:
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD) – The NAD is the oldest and largest civil rights organization in the United States representing the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. Their website offers a variety of resources, including advocacy information and news updates.
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) – The RID is a national professional organization for interpreters. Their website offers resources for interpreters, as well as information on certification and continuing education.
- Deaf Community Services (DCS) – DCS is a non-profit organization that provides support services to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community in Southern California. Their website offers a variety of resources, including community events and job postings.
- Deaflympics – The Deaflympics is an international sporting event for deaf athletes. Their website offers information on upcoming events, as well as news updates and resources for athletes.
- Gallaudet University – Gallaudet is a university for the deaf and hard-of-hearing located in Washington D.C. Their website offers information on academic programs, as well as resources for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
We hope that these resources are helpful to you. If you have any suggestions for additional resources, please let us know. We’re always looking for ways to better support our clients and their families.